Monday, September 20, 2010

Little Cat Feet

Friday morning, I'm checking my e-mail and out of the corner of my eye I notice my SmartBoard is not right up against the window where I knew I'd left it the day before. Hmmm... As I'm walking back there to rearrange it I see what the problem is: another TV has made its way in!




As I'm approaching the back door, a custodian walks in with a milk crate full of Edgar Allen Poe anthologies. As Karali and I had discussed with the custodial staff earlier in the week, we appreciate the books, but there's no place to pu them and we need some advanced warning and please sto bringing defunct equipment in the library for me to figure out what to with. Seems like the message had a tough time getting across.

I sent an e-mail out to the staff. Subject line:

ANOTHER TV Appeared This Morning: This One Has Built-in DVD and VCR (Don't know if they work): Anybody Want it?

Body:
THE TV comes
on little cat feet.

It sits hiding
behind a SmartBoard
on a large cart
and waits to be claimed.

I instantly got a taker.

I hope the habit of dropping off random stuff nobody knows what to do with will cease soon. I can't keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment