Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of the First Full Week

Worked a lot on schedules today. Mostly English Language Learners' schedules from The Green School. I'm still trying to figure out which periods will be best for my push-in/pull-out instruction. The students are quite scattered in terms if language level, which will make things challenging.

This will also help me figure out Lyons' library times. Meeting with Nicholas, Lyons' amazing AP, tomorrow, and Ben, The Green School's fabulous AP, to finalize on Wednesday. In the meantime, I got an e-mail from New Visions' college program coordinator asking if I could teach 30-minute sessions on getting to college for all senior advisories at Lyons: this is exciting and I very much want to incorporate this into my talks with Nicholas.

Lots more students were in today than were at school last Wednesday (no comment) and bunches of regulars stopped by to say hello. Really marvelous. Also, Elias already had me staying late to help him with ELA homework. I wish we could bottle his motivation and give sone to his classmates!

On the whole, the kids seem more at ease in school and more comfortable with us adults. Here's hoping that small attitude shift will help make this a more productive school year.


- Posted remotely via mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment